It was a long dark corridor with chairs on either sides. Me and ammomai were sitting facing each other in the chairs left empty. An hour before I was carelessly playing dodge ball with Neha and Nik. But now I know I can't do the same for next few months. Thousands of questions were crowding my head. Masters in Germany now will have to be postponed for a few years.
Breaking my chain of thoughts, someone called my name out loud. I was asked to go to washroom and enter the room from where I was being called.
I entered the dark room which had ceiling length transparent polythene curtains. From the other side of the curtain, light from monitors were glaring. I pushed the curtains aside and walked further. The lady sitting in front of the monitor asked me to loosen my pants and lie down. I uncomfortably settled down in the narrow bench.
She gently pushed away the clothes from my lower abdomen and put a probe with sticky gel. The room was already chill and over that the gel made me go numb. I was getting goosebumps. Was it because of the room temperature or my mental state? I don't know. What was going to happen? I don't know. How am I supposed to react in the next few minutes? I don't know.
The thick silence in the air was broken when the lady in front of the monitor spoke. I had no idea that next few seconds are going to be life changing. I had no idea next few words were going to be life changing. She said "The 7 weeks old foetus is healthy. You can now hear the heart beat. Lab dab....lab dab...lab dab".
Friday, 18 November 2016
My heart skipped a beat
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment